Each week we are highlighting a different Chronic Illness Bloggers’ member as our ‘Blogger of the Week‘. As well as getting to know each other better, we hope that you enjoy this series and that you find the interviews with each member to be insightful and helpful.
This week our blogger of the week is Jenna Farmer of A Balanced Belly.
1. Tell us a little about yourself.
I am a healthy living blogger living with Crohn’s disease. I am also a trained Nutritional Therapist and blog lots about the power of good nutrition, stress reduction and juicing.
2. What is your blog called and how do you define your blog’s purpose?
A Balanced Belly: A guide to living a balanced healthy lifestyle with IBD (inflammatory bowel disease).
3. How long have you been blogging and why did you start?
1 year ago, to chart my chronicles of trying to live healthy.
4. How often do you post?
2-3 times per week.
5. Do you feel blogging has benefitted you? If so, how?
Hugely. I’ve grown in confidence with my writing, had the chance to write for Huffington Post and learnt so much about living with a chronic illness.
6. Why do you feel it’s important to blog about chronic illness?
To show that there are so many people dealing with issues on a day to day basis; it’s not just the dramatic headlines that are important, but the people who are battling to lead a normal life.
7. What are your top 3 blogging tips for other bloggers?
1. Put yourself out there and guest post for others.
2. Write quality content.
3. Use twitter to socialise and share posts.