Each week we are highlighting a different Chronic Illness Bloggers’ member as our ‘Blogger of the Week‘. As well as getting to know each other better, we hope that you enjoy this series and that you find the interviews with each member to be insightful and helpful.
This week our blogger of the week is Ciara of FibroAura.
1. Tell us a little about yourself.
Hi, I’m Ciara, a high school student trying to help others deal with newfound illnesses.
2. What is your blog called and how do you define your blog’s purpose?
My blog is called FibroAura. The purpose of my blog was initially to give me a way to talk about things that abled people weren’t interested in. Now I share my thoughts, ideas, and spoonie tips with my followers!
3. How long have you been blogging and why did you start?
I’ve been blogging since April 2016. I started blogging because I felt so alone and I didn’t want others to feel the way I did.
4. How often do you post? What made you decide to post on this schedule?
I post once a week (health permitting). It’s often enough to boost traffic but not too often that I run out of ideas.
5. Do you feel blogging has benefitted you? If so, how?
Yes. I’ve made friends across the world and have developed a support system that means so much to me. We understand each other. It means the world to me when I get an email thanking me for saying things that a reader didn’t know how to express.
6. Why do you feel it’s important to blog about chronic illness?
Blogging about chronic illness is helpful for everyone. My abled friends have learned a lot about the chronic illness life and how to help me more. Other chronic illness sufferers have learned that they aren’t alone and that they have someone else to talk to.
7. What are your top 3 blogging tips for other bloggers?
1. Don’t give up.
2. Write about anything that you’re passionate about.
3. Be you.