Each week we are highlighting a different Chronic Illness Bloggers’ member as our ‘Blogger of the Week‘. As well as getting to know each other better, we hope that you enjoy this series and that you find the interviews with each member to be insightful and helpful.
This week our blogger of the week is Denise of ME / FM.
1. Tell us a little about yourself.
This website has brought about my desire to share what life is like when you suffer from this dreadful illness. I was diagnosed with ME / Fibromyalgia in the year 2000. However, I have been unwell since 1985 when I had glandular fever and spent months in hospital. Over the years, the illness has gradually become worse and I am now unable to work outside the home, often housebound, and sometimes bedbound for weeks at a time. I hope my blog will enlighten the world to the plight of ME/FM and other unseen illnesses.
2. What is your blog called and how do you define your blog’s purpose?
My blog is called ME / FM. I am not defined by M.E. Its purpose is for me to release my feelings regarding living with this dreadful illness and to also enlightened the general public, once the blog is found, about how this illness impacts on my life.
3. How long have you been blogging and why did you start?
I started blogging years ago, but lost my site in a server crash and only recently started this new blog.
4. How often do you post? What made you decide to post on this schedule?
I have several websites. One for ME / FM, one where I review products, another where I’m blogging about our new self Build project, and one I’m presently designing for blogging positive and insightful thoughts. I aim to post something every day on at least one of my sites.
5. Do you feel blogging has benefitted you? If so, how?
Blogging helps me to release the feelings that the illness brings about and also helps me to better understand myself.
6. Why do you feel it’s important to blog about chronic illness?
It’s important to blog to help yourself and others learn more about the impact the illness is having.
7. What are your top 3 blogging tips for other bloggers?
1. Don’t overthink.
2. Blog about anything that is inside you.
3. Don’t be afraid to be honest and real.