Each week we are highlighting a different Chronic Illness Bloggers’ member as our ‘Blogger of the Week‘. As well as getting to know each other better, we hope that you enjoy this series and that you find the interviews with each member to be insightful and helpful.
This week our blogger of the week is Joanne of Spine Pain Warrior.
1. Tell us a little about yourself.
I am 37 and owned by 8 Cavalier King Charles Spaniels. I enjoy meeting up for group dog walks and taking my lot for runs in the country.
2. What is your blog called and how do you define your blog’s purpose?
My blog is called, Spine Pain Warrior. It follows my journey through diagnosis and treatment for my chronic back pain. It is there to help people who didn’t know anyone who had suffered the same as them, to show people what they may expect if they are at the same level of diagnosis as myself and to help me get advice via comments on my posts.
3. How long have you been blogging and why did you start?
I’ve been blogging since February 2017 when my back issue started again and did not go away.
4. How often do you post? What made you decide to post on this schedule?
I try to post daily. Sometimes I have bad days and it helps to vent, other days are good and it’s nice to share.
5. Do you feel blogging has benefitted you? If so, how?
A lot. It has helped me come to terms with my back problems as they may be permanent.
6. Why do you feel it’s important to blog about chronic illness?
To show others that they are not alone. To build yourself a support network and to educate others.
7. What are your top 3 blogging tips for other bloggers?
1. Be honest.
2. Be descriptive.
3. Use images.