Each week we are highlighting a different Chronic Illness Bloggers’ member as our ‘Blogger of the Week‘. As well as getting to know each other better, we hope that you enjoy this series and that you find the interviews with each member to be insightful and helpful.
This week our blogger of the week is Amber of Colitis Ninja.
1. Tell us a little about yourself.
I’m just your average ninja who was hit with an incurable disease fighting for others who feel they don’t have a voice.
2. What is your blog called and how do you define your blog’s purpose?
Colitis Ninja. My purpose is to provide encouragement, support and laughter for those digging IBD.
3. How long have you been blogging and why did you start?
2 years in March. I started blogging because I needed an outlet to vent my frustrations of living with IBD (inflammatory bowel disease).
4. How often do you post? What made you decide to post on this schedule?
Once a week. It seemed normal?
5. Do you feel blogging has benefitted you? If so, how?
Yes. It helped me pull myself out of despair taking over!
6. Why do you feel it’s important to blog about chronic illness?
Because people need to know they are not alone.
7. What are your top 3 blogging tips for other bloggers?
1.Share your story.
2.Someone needs to hear it.
3. Don’t worry about naysayers. Be yourself.